Friday 1 November 2013

Holidays

I've almost reached the last holiday with my family before I head off to university and so I thought I'd take this opportunity to take a look back at some of my favourite memories from holidays gone by. I've been really lucky in that I've been able to have quite a few holidays to a number of different places throughout my childhood.

Paris is one of my favourite holiday destinations and I've been there numerous times. I love the laid back way of life that the locals follow. It's amazing how you can be walking through a fairly built up area and then you turn the corner and there is a perfectly kept little park. Last time I was there my family and I went for a couple of walks through the 'Old Quarter' of the city. It is just as nice whether it's a beautiful sunny day or it's late afternoon and the sun is setting and the skies are darkening. We also spent some great hours sitting in a stunning park eating fresh baguettes and relaxing in the sun. It's incredible how one city can provide so many varied activities.

Last Easter I spent a week in Rome in Italy; we were based across the street from an ice cream parlour and just down the road from a shop that made some of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. In our flat's living room there was a strange window which was set back into the thick exterior wall to form a ledge. In the lazy afternoons I would sit and watch the people walking past, maybe stopping for an ice cream or maybe just conducting their everyday business. I'd listen to music and just relax.

When we go on holidays in England, we tend to travel up to Northumberland and stay in Lower Newton. While we're there we make the short journey down the hill to the beach, play various sports and have a really fun time in the summer sun. After we'd finished we'd go to the pub at the top of the beach and enjoy some tasty ham and cheese toasties and tubs of crisps while relaxing and playing games. I really enjoy going to Northumberland because it's a nice change from a lot of the busier, bustling places that we go to normally.

I'm going to miss going on regular holidays with my family when I leave but I've had some fantastic trips and made great memories that will stay with me forever.

That's all for this week,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment