Friday 25 October 2013

Running

I've been running for just over a month and I'm working towards running in the Leeds 10K. I've gradually increased the distance and have been trying to get my time as quick as possible. Hopefully I can complete the race in under an hour when the day comes next summer. It'll be interesting to see how fast I do it when it comes down to it.

While running the race I will be trying to raise money for Parkinson's UK. They provide support for sufferers of Parkinson's in the UK and have put a lot of money into researching the disease and searching for a cure. This charity means a lot to me because my dad was diagnosed four years ago.

There are loads of other benefits of running on top of fundraising. It is a great way of getting fitter and losing weight. It's also brilliant for getting away from everything; school can get very stressful sometimes and running can help you clear your head and relax after a tough day. I've also had most of my ideas while running. Most importantly however, running is fun. It's a really enjoyable hobby. I went on a run in torrential rain recently and although it sounds horrible, it was fantastic! I got absolutely soaked but for some reason I loved it.

That's all for this week but I have a new project that I'm working on at the moment so I'll keep you updated if that progresses at all.

See you all next week,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment