Friday 11 October 2013

Looking At Universities

Hi everyone, at the moment I'm going through a very important stage in my life. It's come time to decide which university I want to spend three years of my life studying at.

It's such a massive decision to make, choosing a city and a university to spend three years, which is a very long time. You need to make sure that you'll be happy wherever you choose and you will be able to do the course you want in an environment where you will feel comfortable. People will say that you must fulfil your potential and pick the best possible university that is available to you, but if you don't want to go there then don't choose it. There would be nothing worse than spending three years in a place you don't like, resenting the people who told you to go there.

Everybody is looking for something different from their university experience, and this will greatly affect your choices. I have chosen Manchester and Liverpool as my two favourites so far because I'm looking for a northern city that is vibrant and has loads of things to do and see. I love the hustle and bustle of life in a big city so I definitely want a city based uni. I'm also looking for a place with venues where I can watch and play sport and most of all, a decent university with nice people and good facilities. So you can see from this why Manchester and Liverpool are ideal choices for me. My parents have been fantastic in helping me decide where I want to go and have been really supportive of my decisions.

You've always got to bear in mind that it's your choice, not your parents' or your teachers' because you are the one spending time at the institute that you choose, not them. Remember that everyone is different so what may be perfect for me may be nothing at all like what you want, just make sure you choose the place that's best for you.

See you all next week,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment