Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 6 - Live Music

It's day 6 and we've reached the weekend! Today I'm going to talk to you about live music, the bands that I've seen and the appeal to all generations.

I've been quite lucky in that I've seen lots of artists who are really good live, and have never been to a bad gig.

My favourite band are Scouting For Girls, and I have seen them twice, once at the MEN Arena and once at Party In The Park. I have just got tickets to go and see them again in November at the O2 in Leeds. They are fantastic at performing live and their concerts are always brilliant fun. Their greatest hits album has a collection of some of my favourite songs as well as some new ones which are just as good!

Another group that were great live were the Kaiser Chiefs. I saw them at Kirkstall Abbey in Leeds and they were amazing. It was the best gig I've ever been to, everyone was jumping up and down and singing along. It helped that all of their songs are really catchy and easy to sing along to.

My first gig was McFly in Sheffield Arena, they were also really good live and it was a really enjoyable day. More recently I've seen Rizzle Kicks at the O2 in Leeds who were awesome and I went to Party In The Park at Temple Newsham which was incredible despite the rain.

Live music is appealing to people of any age. The feeling you get whilst listening to it is unlike any other. Even if you don't really like the songs or the act, hearing them live is great. Lots of restaurants have live music playing in them and that is always a nice backdrop for a meal, whether it's smooth jazz, a bit of piano or some singing.

Music is such a massive part of a lot of people's every day life and hearing it performed live is something that is very special.

Unfortunately that's all for today but make sure you come back tomorrow for the final day of Blogathon. Let me know in the comments about your favourite bands and gigs and I'll see you tomorrow.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment