Sunday 11 August 2013

Day 7 - Collecting

It's the last day of Blogathon today. I have had a great week writing these blogs and I hope you've enjoyed reading them. From now on I will try and post a blog every week, but obviously if sixth form work piles up then I might not have time.

Today, I want to talk about something that I have a lot of and that make me feel more involved in communities. Collections.

I collect a lot of things from various different people.

The main things I collect are keyrings, I have over one hundred keyrings which are either from football clubs or places that I've been on holiday. They are currently on two display boards but I'll need more soon. I have some really nice ones including some from Wimbledon and Hull City.

Another collection that I am involved in is Lifescouts. It is an idea by Alex Day, providing an adult equivalent of boyscouts where you earn badges for real life experiences. One hundred badges have been released so far and I have earned 40 of them. It's really great fun to be involved with and has encouraged me to try new things. They are online at lifescouts.com

Alex has also made a card game with his cousin Danny called Sopio. It's not quite a collection in the traditional sense but they are regularly releasing new decks and booster packs which introduce new themes and puns to the game. It's so much fun to play and really simple as well, the rules fit on one card! Check them out at www.sopiocards.com

I mentioned earlier in the week that I'd been to a lot of football matches and at each one that I go to I try and buy an official matchday programme. I also like to keep tickets from events that I go to so I have a rather large collection of those.

This is the end of the week and therefore the end of Blogathon but I am carrying on blogging once a week, hopefully. Let me know about what you collect and if you have anything you want me to talk about over the coming weeks. You can get in touch with me on Twitter: @tigerads or in the comments section below and I will reply to as many as possible. Thanks for taking part in this week and I hope you've had a good time. I'll see you next week.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment