Friday 15 November 2013

Lifescouts Part 2

Hi everyone, this is my second blog in the Lifescouts miniseries. I'm going to tell the stories behind some more of the badges that I've earned. Lifescouts is a collection of badges, awarded upon completion of activities or gaining skills considered important or fun. Like boyscouts but using life experiences and anyone can join in.

Scuba diving
I first learnt to scuba dive in Centre Parcs and it was so much fun! Being able to breathe under water is one of the coolest feelings I've ever had. It was a fantastic experience and I will definitely try it out if I ever get the chance again.

Picnic
Picnics are a fairly common occurrence that I imagine most people have experienced, but I had an incredible picnic in a park in Paris. It was a scorching hot day, the sun was beating down on the lake and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We were sat in the shade of a collection of tall trees on an incline, looking out over the rocks and shrubbery scattered throughout this park, eating baguettes that had been hand made that very morning. It was such an amazing day!

Piano
When I was younger I learnt to play the piano. Me and my brother were taught by a piano teacher called John, who would spend an hour each week teaching us songs and helping us to improve our playing. I stopped a couple of years ago and although I can't remember a lot of what we were taught, I still like to play a bit every now and then.

Camping
The first camp that I went on was when I was seven. I was in the Cubs at the time (the age group below Scouts) and I was invited along to a residential in some woods somewhere. We spent a weekend doing adventure activities and team-bonding. It wasn't very fun and I didn't go on many more camps after that one.

Birthday Parties
I've been to my fair share of birthday parties, the most recent of which was for a friends 17th. I've also had some great birthday parties thrown for me, ranging from doing sports to going to the cinema and much, much more. A couple of my more recent birthdays have been celebrated whilst abroad but every single one is special.

That's five more badges done, I hope you've enjoyed it. If you want a full list of badges or you want to buy some for yourselves, they are available from lifescouts.com and be sure to go back and check out part one here if you haven't already. That's all for this week.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment