Saturday 14 September 2013

Big When I Was Little

Hi, today I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, it's my last year of school and so I thought I'd look back at the things that were around when I was younger.

When I was a little kid I used to love watching Teletubbies. One week I was upset because it wasn't on and because I was very young I didn't have anything else to worry about so this was really bugging me and I got pretty cross with the TV. Anyway it turns out that Princess Diana had died that night and all that was on the telly were breaking news reports about it. I hadn't a clue what was going on at the time and it's weird to think that someone had died and all I cared about was watching Teletubbies.

We also used to have video players. All of our films were on video, The Jungle Book, The Lion King, it's strange to think that barely anyone even makes video players anymore let alone watches films on them.

We had tapes too. I used to have a tape player I'd carry around and listen to kids songs from TV on. Then we got CDs and everyone carried there big 'portable' CD players with them, and now Apple have released the iPod and the iPhone and the iPad and everyone listens to digital music.

The world changes so much and if we constantly live in the past then we will miss so many great inventions that will make things easier and just generally look cool! Equally if we spend too much time looking into the future then we might lose sight of what we already have.

See you next week,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment