Friday 16 August 2013

Relax, Take it easy!

Hi, I'm writing this whilst relaxing in the sun of Dorset. So why not talk about relaxing?

I've realised the importance of relaxing during my first year of A-levels, it is a very intense year which involves a lot of hard work and if you never give yourself time off then it can become too much.

So far I've had a summer of not doing much, just winding down completely after last year but I will definitely take more time to de-stress next time around. Even if its just an hour a day of listening to music or reading a book before I go to bed, every little bit is helpful.

Recently I've taken to running, I find it gives me some time to think and also helps me get fitter. It is a lot of hard work though and unless you're really committed I would recommend less physically demanding pass-times.

Another thing that has helped me relax is writing this blog. It's fun to do and is completely different to everything else that I do. That's something else to remember when choosing a hobby to relax; don't do the same things that you are already doing. Your hobby needs to be something to distract you from all the stress in your every day life, not remind you of it.

That's all for this week. As always let me know what you think in the comments, all feedback is helpful. I'll see you next week.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment